Working towards the next version of the SWIM Supporting Material
This page details the service metadata schemas. The schema support the following artefacts:
In support of service descriptions
Updated to reflect the latest version of the SWIM service description specification.
|https://github.com/eurocontrol-swim/service-metadata-schema/blob/sds-upgrade/description/SRV-DESC_SCHEMA.json||Example service description|
|v0.0.3d||initial version used by the SWIM Registry||https://reference.swim.aero/resources.html||Guidance for JSON service descriptions v0.0.3d|
The purpose of the service metadata schemas
The service metadata schemas provides a structured notation for describing services.
They aim to
- facilitate harmonisation in describing services and
- facilitate easier processing by systems. For example, the European SWIM Registry has developed functions to import and export service descriptions that use the schema.
- benefit service providers in facilitating the production of service descriptions, including importing in registry and conformance to the SW specifications
- benefit service consumers with enhanced harmonisation of service descriptions
- allow service descriptions to be processed by systems - this includes upload into a system, exchange between systems and transformation (e.g. to service overview).