Network Management Function
|Term||Network Management Function|
An integrated ATM activity with the aim of ensuring optimised Network Operations and ATM service provision meeting the Network performance targets.
SESAR Concept of Operations Step 2 Edition 2014 (Ed. 01.01.00)
- Collaborative layered planning and execution processes, including the facilitation of business/mission trajectories.
- Airspace organisation and management processes.
- Demand and Capacity Balancing processes through all planning and execution phases to ensure the most efficient use of airspace resources, to anticipate and solve workload/complexity issues and to minimize the effects of ATM constraints.
- The enabling of UDPP process.
- The provision and maintenance of Operation Plans covering the range of activity, i.e. Network to Local.
- The provision of relevant complexity resolution advice to ATC operations.
Lexicon Release 2015.1