- It is assumed that information about the area already exists in the form of Airspace BASELINE TimeSlice(s) covering the complete period of validity of the event, coded as specified in the Coding Guidelines for the (ICAO) AIP Data Set.
- If an area has sectors, it is assumed that each sector was encoded separately, as an airspace with its own designator, so that it can be activated individually. The collapsed area should not exist as a Baseline airspace, just the sectors. If the area becomes active, the digital data encoding should activate the individual sectors as part of one event;
- It is assumed that Transponder Mandatory Zone(TMZ) and Radio Mandatory Zone (RMZ) have been encoded as Airspace features with:
- localType=OTHER:TMZ, respectively OTHER:RMZ.
- rule candidate for Coding Rules for Class of Airspace - If the Airspace concerned has BASELINE type=CLASS, then it is assumed that it contains a single AirspaceLayerClass child element. Otherwise, the algorithm for the automatic generation of the item E will not work properly.
Data encoding rules
The data encoding rules provided in this section shall be followed in order to ensure the harmonisation of the digital encodings provided by different sources. The compliance with some of these encoding rules can be checked with automatic data validation rules.