14 MAY 2019
Add new attribute to define the types of a taxiway holding position.
Rationale for change
The AIXM TaxiHoldingPosition feature defines designated positions intended for traffic control at which taxiing aircraft and vehicles shall stop and hold until further cleared to proceed. The current attributes for this feature designate categories for landing operations and operational status, however the types of holding positions along the taxiway remain undefined. A number of specific types of taxiway holding positions are not defined currently in AIXM and need to be added into the model.
[FWD_MAP_1:1] Data mapping is possible and no data loss occurs when data is exchanged from a system (A) that uses AIXM 5.1.1 for output towards a system (B) that uses AIXM 5.2 for input.
[BWD_MAP_LOSS] Data mapping is possible, but some data would be lost (or converted into Notes) when data is exchanged from a system (B) that uses AIXM 5.2 for output towards a system (A) that uses AIXM 5.1.1 for input.
Change Proposal details
In the UML model:
- In the TaxiHoldingPosition feature:
- add a new type attribute defined as “The type of taxi holding positions based on the position along the taxiway”, data type CodeTaxiHoldingPositionType
- Add a new codelist CodeTaxiHoldingPositionBaseType defined as “The categorisation of the designated positions intended for traffic control at which taxiing aircraft and vehicles shall stop and hold until further cleared to proceed”, list of values
- RUNWAY_HOLDING_POSITION: Runway entrance holding position on a taxiway or on another runway (when used for taxiing)
- TAXI_HOLD_POSITION: Holding position, taxi hold spot, hold circle, or aircraft hold point
- ILS_HOLDING_POSITION: Holding position for Instrument Landing System operations
- Add a new data type CodeTaxiHoldingPositionType (specialisation of CodeTaxiHoldingPostionBaseType, stereotype <<datatype>>, definition: “A complex data type that enables the provision of a NIL reason for any attribute using this type”) attribute:
- nilReason (type: NilReasonEnumeration)
The UML class diagram shows the main new elements of the new model for the taxi holding position.
Mapping AIXM 5.1.1 to AIXM 5.2 (forward)
Mapping AIXM 5.2 to AIXM 5.1.1 (backward)
[MAPC-02] From the three backward mapping options applicable in this case, the first two (discard the value or use an extension) are straightforward and do not need any further details. The 3rd option (backward mapping into a Note) is detailed in order to provide a complete description of this case and its conversion option. The following mapping into Note algorithm is proposed:
- Remove the new element
- Add an annotation.Note associated with the owner class having
Mapping example to be added...
(Note: for mapping test data see:)
|AIXM 5.2||AIXM 5.1(.1)|