The DPMF provides dashboards to allow ANSPs and Aircraft Operators to compare their performance against the overall average for a number of metrics. The data available in the tool is provided by the recordings of the ANSP systems. Access to the dashboards is controlled; if you would like access please contact us.
The performance metrics are presented in a series of tabs on the dashboard and are explained in more detail below. The user is able to select the ATC centre or Aircraft operator they want (the choice will be limited to those of direct legitimate interest to the user's organisation), the flight level from which to consider performance and the month from which to start the analysis.
Sessions and Transactions Tab
The Sessions and Transactions Tab give some measures of overall system performance related to CPDLC sessions and CPDLC transactions. It covers the following metrics:
- Provider Abort Rate. The rate of Provider Aborts expressed as the number of PAs observed per 100 hours of CPLDC session.
- Technical Round Trip Delay. The distribution of the delay between when a uplink CPDLC message is sent and the corresponding application level acknowledgement (LACK or ERROR) message is received. This gives a good indication of the overall performance of the technical system (i.e. the ACSP, avionics and the ground end-system).
- CPDLC Ground Initiated Transaction Delay for ATN. The delay between when the controller initiates the transaction to when the operational response is received.
- CPDLC Air Initiated Transaction Delay for ATN. The delay between when the flight crew initiates the transaction to when the operational response is received.
- Uplink Message Use Trend. This shows the proportion of different groups of uplink messages; instructions, transfer of communications, level changes, speed changes, and route changes.
- Downlink Message Use Trend. This shows the proportion of different groups of downlink messages; request for level change and request for route changes.
The Equipage tab provides graphs showing a 12 month trend for
- The percentage of flights capable of using CPDLC over the ATN / VDL Mode 2.
- The percentage of flights that are actually using CPDLC over the ATN.
The heatmap presents PA Rate, CPDLC Duration and TRTD on a geographic cell basis. The duration represents the number of hours of CPDLC usage in each particular cell. The user can select which indicator to show, which month(s) to use, which ATSUs, the flight level range and the minimum duration. The 'minimum duration' is included to allow a minimum threshold for the sample of data per cell before the results are shown on the map.
Implementation Map Tab
The implementation map shows which centres have implemented CPDLC, which centres are providing data to NM used to calculate the various metrics presented on the dashboards. The user can select the month and for each centre the following data is shownL
- PA Rate
- The total number of flights
- The percentage of flights that have indicated in their flight plan that they are CPDLC/ATN capable.
- The percentage of flights that are observed to have used data link. Note this information is only available for centres that data to NM.
The aircraft tab provides a list of aircraft with the avionics installed (if known) as well as the PA rate for each individual aircraft.